Thursday, December 17, 2009

Girls' Thanksgiving Weekend

The women in my family have started a new tradition over the past few years. Every Thanksgiving weekend we plan a shopping and girls' weekend and only the person who planned it has any idea where we are going. This Thanksgiving, my mother planned a weekend in Cleveland filled with a day at the spa, formal dinners out, and most importantly WICKED tickets. Now don't get me wrong, I am normally not a musical fan. However, when I saw the tears of excitement in my sister's eyes, I knew there was something more to this one.

Holy WICKED. Jillian wasn't kidding. I've been to many plays, concerts, musicals, operas, and so on. Wicked is unlike anything I have EVER seen. I had never seen people crying in a musical before. Just like the Wizard of Oz, you can tear Wicked apart and find a whole new, and much more deep, meaning. The Wizard of Oz will never be the same again. Its beautiful. Its powerful. Its absolutely extraordinary.

Defying Gravity link
" I'm through accepting limits
Cuz someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try I'll never know
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost
I'd sooner buy defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye, I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!"
"So if you care to find me
Look to the Western sky!
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if I'm flying solo
At least I'm flying free"

For Good link
"I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...
Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good"

No comments:

Post a Comment