Saturday, October 31, 2009

How firm thy friendship....OHIO!

There are some things ingrained in you since infancy. For me, it was a love of family, desire for a higher purpose, a passion for education, and.....Ohio State football. If you know my family, you know that we LIVE Ohio State football. Loving our scarlet and gray may actually be part of our DNA.

By some fantastic luck and a lot of help from Judd, all of us were able to get tickets to the game this weekend, along with my father-in-law and my sister's best friend. As I sat and sang Carmen Ohio as an alum with my mother at my side, it suddenly dawned on us that this was the first time we had shared this experience as graduates of the university. My parents have worked so hard to make sure my sister and I receive a higher education. I am so proud to be graduate of this university. I am so proud to be a BUCKEYE.

"Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise,
and songs to Alma Mater raise
While our hearts rebounding thrill
with joy which death alone can still.
Summer's heat or winter's cold
the seasons pass, the years will roll.
Time and change will surely show
how firm thy friendship...OHIO!"

No comments:

Post a Comment