Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wake up Jessica!

For months it has been bothering me that my life seems to be so stressful, disorganized, and insanely busy.The month before my wedding, my mother gave me a journal and suggested I write about the first few years of my marriage. Since then, I fear that I have often struggled to keep myself focused on what really matters and I have seldom written anything at all. On a whim, I had decided that I should start blogging again in order to document those little and important moments.

As I know well, intending to do something and actually doing it are two totally different things. As I took a break today from doing the piles upon piles of building homework, I found myself reading through entries I had written over the past year. I found an entry from May 30th, 2010.

I wrote, "If life were over today, what I want to do in the future will have no meaning. The past and the present are equally important as the future. Life is too short not to live in the current moment. Jessica, reflect on the current moment and the blessings you already have instead of the ones you simply want."

Therefore, if you read this blog entry, I am asking you to help me. Please help me live in the current moment to realize my blessings. If I am not adding entries, it more than likely means that I am not focusing on what I should be.

Some things are simply more than coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment